Distances - From Occidentalís HAZARDOUS AIR Emissions
To Greater Pottstown Area Schools
| .2 Mile||Mulberry Daycare (Little People Daycare)|
| .7 Mile||Rupert Elementary School|
| .8 Mile||Coventry Christian School|
| .8 Mile||St. Peters Elementary|
| .8 Mile||The Goddard School|
| 1 Mile||Wee Care Child Development Center|
| 1 Mile||Wyndcroft School|
|1.3 Mile||The Hill School|
|1.3 Mile||Edgewood Elementary School|
|1.4 Mile||East Coventry Elementary School|
|1.5 Mile||St. Pius High School|
|1.6 Mile||Montgomery Early Learning Center|
|1.8 Mile||St. Johnís|
|1.8 Mile||West-Mont Christian Academy|
|1.8 Mile||Warwick Child Care Center|
|1.9 Mile||Lower Pottsgrove Elementary School|
|1.9 Mile||Robinís Nest Child Care|
| 2 Mile||Pottstown Senior High School|
| 2 Mile||Pottstown Middle School|
| 2 Mile||Pottsgrove Intermediate School|
| 2 Mile||North Coventry School|
| 2 Mile||St. Aloysius School|
| 2 Mile||Emmanual Luthern Pre-School|
|2.2 Mile||Lincoln Elementary School|
|2.3 Mile||Franklin Elementary School|
|2.8 Mile||Ringing Rocks Elementary
|2.8 Mile||Pottsgrove Senior High School|
| 3 Mile||Pottsgrove Middle School|
| 3 Mile||Well of Hope Christian Daycare School|
|3.1 Mile||Barth Elementary School|
Did you realize 25
SCHOOLS are within 2 miles of Occidental?
31,000 residents live within 2 miles - homes of many of these children
7 other schools are within 3 miles of Oxy.
We have not yet measured the schools downwind in Limerick, Royersford,
Schwenksville, Spring City, and Collegeville but that will include thousands
more children who are already exposed to a monumental health threat.
Too many children spend too much time too close, to be safe or healthy.
Parents of children attending all the listed schools need to know how close their children are to Occidental Chemicalís Dangerous Air Emissions.
Does DEP recognize the severe risks to so many children?
- Occidentalís Hazardous Air Emissions already threaten the health of the children attending all these schools with the #1 ranked carcinogen released in Montgomery County, VINYL CHLORIDE.
- According to the Environmental Scorecard, based on TRI data, Oxy in Pottstown emits more of this potent carcinogen, VINYL CHLORIDE, than any other facility in the nation. Vinyl Chloride presents other serious health risks.
- Thatís not all! Oxy emits other hazardous chemicals into the air these children breathe daily, which could cause many kinds of health harm to these children.
Burning Pottstown Landfill Gas in Occidentalís boilers for fuel would ADD enormous harmful health risks to so many children in so many schools.
Burning Pottstown Landfill Gas at Occidental would:
- Increase Occidentalís Hazardous Air Emissions by 310%,
Including more VINYL CHLORIDE
- Produce the 3rd source of DIOXIN within Ĺ mile
1. Oxyís PVC;
2. Pottstown Hospital Incinerator Ĺ Mile Away; and
3. Burning Pottstown Landfill Gas
- Add the 2nd source of RADIATION within .7 of a mile
1. Limerick Nuclear Plant .7 Mile away;
2. Pottstown Landfill gas
PLEASE! DONíT DO THIS TO SO MANY CHILDREN!
- Greatly increase the risk from sulfur emissions
Children go out to the playground several times every day, some are involved in sports activities every day outdoors, and air intakes at schools draw in all these hazardous emissions. Thousands of children would be exposed to the added synergistic and cumulative harmful health effects of all the increased emissions in this concentrated area, not only through inhalation, but also from the soil they play on, and possibly eventually their water.
Please value our children.
DO NOT PERMIT Occidental to burn Pottstown Landfill gas as fuel in their boilers. How could DEP knowingly make a very dangerous situation much worse for so many children?
P.O. Box 3063
Stowe, PA 19464
| donate online | contents | contact us | join | contact web master |