Toxic Sewage Sludge
Contains Chemicals, Metals, and Pathogens
Which Can Cause Disease, Cancer, and Death
Harmful substances in sewage sludge not only jeopardize safe water and soil, they can become airborne, even long after sludge is dumped. You can be exposed to extremely hazardous synergistic combinations in the air you breathe and even through your skin.
||Toxic Sewage Sludge was recently dumped on farmland in North Coventry Township, in spite of intensive public efforts to stop it.
1. Supervisors were given massive research from NIOSH, OSHA, ATSDR, and EPA concerning toxic effects of sewage sludge, including reports of the deaths of two boys linked to sewage sludge.
2. The farm owner was provided with vast information on organic farming and examples of farms using organic farming.
3. Citizens near one of the farm fields receiving toxic sludge repeatedly went to the commissioners asking them to protect their right to safe clean air and water.
||Most Supervisors failed to value your air, water, soil, and health enough to exhaust every effort to stop sewage sludge dumping in North Coventry.
1. A township ordinance for C-3 District prohibits sludge application and could have been used to prohibit sludge dumping in every district of North Coventry.
2. Thousands of your dollars were used for legal report, which provided your supervisors with ammunition to appeal this sludge dumping.
3. Most supervisors stood by while you were being dumped on and exposed by the dangerous sewage of others, while one gentleman farmer saved money on fertilizer.
||The harmful materials listed below were tested March 2003, by the Philadelphia Water Department, Bureau of Laboratory Testing.
1. Air testing has not been done on dangerous out gassing from Philadelphia sewage sludge dumped recently in North Coventry Township.
2. The National Institute For Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) says that low level constant exposure is just as dangerous as one high level exposure.
3. An entire field of sludge cakes adds up to high levels and synergistic effects are unknown.
Ammonia (wet wt.)
Oil and grease
TKN (wet wt.)
Total Solids (%)
Organic Nitrogen (dry)
Organic Nitrogen (wet)
P.O. Box 3063
Stowe, PA 19464
| donate online | contents | contact us | join | contact web master |