The Alliance For A Clean Environment
Pottstown Mayor Nancy Jones
“Citizens Have A ‘Right –To- Know’ and ‘Need-to-Know’ what is in the air they are forced to breathe”
Greater Pottstown Area residents need the “Bucket Brigade” to test our own air. Polluters are self-testing, self-monitoring, and self-reporting. The buckets will provide us with a powerful Right-to-Know technique to watchdog major world-wide polluters who threaten our future.
2. The “Bucket Brigade” should inspire polluting industries to be more responsible concerning their hazardous air emissions.
3. We can gain a deeper understanding of the environmental issues we face and track problems to their sources.
is protecting the polluters at our expense.
We have NO CONFIDENCE in DEP’s ability
to protect our air or our health!”
Most of our citizens believe DEP has little, if any, interest in the truth. DEP is more likely to take their own measurements and respond to community concerns if they know we’re taking samples.
2. We have documented seriously elevated illnesses.
3. DEP did not scientifically prove these facilities have not caused an increase in these illnesses.
4. Only with continuous perimeter monitoring for ALL hazardous substances from Pottstown Landfill gas and Occidental Chemical emissions could DEP establish health risks to people in our community from these major polluters.
Would You Believe?
Problems with DEP’s monitoring station;
2. The station will be upwind of Occidental Chemical’s vinyl chloride emissions.
Why not wait for results?
2. Did DEP determine results of the monitoring station before it was built?
3. If DEP is spending tax dollars for a monitoring station, why not wait at least one year for results before issuing 5-year air permits in a severe non-attainment area where people are already too sick?
P.O. Box 3063
Stowe, PA 19464
| donate online | contents | contact us | join | contact web master |