Stop Dioxin Exposure
We Must ACT NOW!
NO Exposure of Dioxin is Safe!
What Can You Do?
- Our area is already facing a HEALTH CRISIS.
- Dioxin is likely a major factor. People living near sources of Dioxin face very serious risks from inhalation.
- Occidental Chemical and the Pottstown Landfill are major sources of Dioxin emissions into our air.
- If the Pottstown Landfill gas pipeline is not stopped - 2 sources of Dioxin will be from one location - Occidental, and we suspect it would still not stop at the Pottstown Landfill.
1. Get the facts about the DANGERS OF DIOXIN.
2. Inform EVERYONE
3. Ask your Civic Groups, Organization, Churches, PTA, Schools, Businesses, etc. to sign on to the Greater Pottstown Area's STOP DIOXIN CAMPAIGN
to form a coalition.
4. Ask your elected officials to work with the community to:
- Stop PVC production at Occidental in Pottstown. Get Occidental to transition to safer alternatives to PVC.
- Stop the burning of Pottstown Landfill gas anywhere in our community unless it can be proven that the chemicals, which produce dioxin by-products, can be safely and completely removed before combustion.
- Educate people to stop buying all PVC products such as flooring, building products, toys, etc.
5. If your elected officials do not help - Elect others who will. (find out who is running in your district: www.dos.state.pa.us
P.O. Box 3063
Stowe, PA 19464
| donate online | contents | contact us | join | contact web master |